On an annual basis, your property’s
nce a petition with the County Value Adjustment Board has been filed, a hearing date will then be scheduled from the County Value Adjustment Board including the date in which all evidence to substantiate a reduction must be submitted to the County. We will complete an extensive analysis of your assessment and surrounding real estate markets to review all avenues of obtaining a property assessment reduction. If the review reveals the property is a good candidate for reduction, we will submit evidence and represent the owner at the set hearing.
- Do I need to send any additional information for my property review?
checkoutyou will be directed to our Property Information Request form which will ask you various questions and walk you through whatever information and documentation we might need. This information will be needed as soon as possible in order to analyze the information necessary in the appeal/review process.
- How long will it take before my hearing is scheduled?
- The County will schedule your hearing dates between October through June of the following year
- Do I have to attend the Value Adjustment Board Hearing?
- No, we provide representation at the hearing if necessary depending on our assessment review conclusions.
- If you would like to be notified of your hearing, please contact our office and let us know as soon as possible.
- When will I hear from your office?
- We will contact you once we have either: A) Completed your hearing and have received the decision by the Value Adjustment Board or B) Upon completion of your assessment review, in the event we feel there is not enough market data evidence to support a reduction.
- Should I pay my tax bill in November?
- There is a 4% discount for early property tax payment by November 30th.
- If we are successful in obtaining a property tax reduction for you, the county will:
- Revise the unpaid Property Tax Bill and send you a new bill. OR
- If partially or fully paid, the county will issue you a refund either directly to you OR if you have an escrow account paying your taxes, they will receive the refund. (If you have an escrow account you will need to request the refund amount from your escrow representative)
- If by March 31st, you haven’t paid at least 75% of your Property Tax Bill, the county will:
- Automatically deny your filed Property Tax Petition – if the case hasn’t come before the VAB for a hearing. OR
- Automatically deny the decision from the VAB – if the case was already heard and your petition was approved.
- Our recommendation is to pay the full (100%) tax amount due prior to November 30th in order to receive the 4% discount for early payment AND to reduce the risk of the county automatically denying a reduction based solely on payment dates.